I love these ornaments! These gingerbread ornaments look and smell like edible gingerbread - but don't eat them! They become very hard after they are baked and are meant to be painted and then hung as Christmas ornaments.
Last year, was the first we had made these. Makaleigh would roll out the dough & use the cookie cutters. Next day, the kids and I painted each one. And even made my basketball team a ball with their name on it. Letting them dry overnight on the dining table, and waking up to a chaotic mess! My dog, Apollo ate every last one! I cried and yelled and cried some more!!!!! Acrylic paints & spray were also on the ornaments...crazy dog! He never ended up getting sick on his own, but I gave him hydro peroxide to make him get sick, to get that poison out of his system.
Last year, was the first we had made these. Makaleigh would roll out the dough & use the cookie cutters. Next day, the kids and I painted each one. And even made my basketball team a ball with their name on it. Letting them dry overnight on the dining table, and waking up to a chaotic mess! My dog, Apollo ate every last one! I cried and yelled and cried some more!!!!! Acrylic paints & spray were also on the ornaments...crazy dog! He never ended up getting sick on his own, but I gave him hydro peroxide to make him get sick, to get that poison out of his system.
Anyways, the recipe is fun & smells really good!








No comments:
Post a Comment