Looking through Sunday ads, I had notice some sugar cookies that were decorated like turkeys. I thought Noah could decorate them for his class on Tuesday, last day of school before Thanksgiving.
I had told Noah if I can't find the candy corns for the feathers, we won't be able to make them. Just in case, I couldn't find them, his heart wouldn't be broken because it was set to make this 'turkey cookie.' Since Halloween is over, the candy corns were hard to find. Scott & I had went to three different stores in looking for them. Scott even mentioned just using the colorful Mike-n-Ike's. But I was determined to finding them! Last store and final gleam of hope, the gas station. YES! And even in stock priced as a 2 for $1 special.
Noah was excited! The cookies were baked, icing and candies are ready to assemble. But first, Noah needs a taste test...Yummmmmm! They are delicious! He starts decorating, and gets the icing on his fingers. Yep, you guessed it, LICK! The cookies are finished and ready to share with the class of first graders! A fun and easy treat for the kids!








No comments:
Post a Comment