Me: Are you ok?
Him: Did you see the deer, I hit a deer!
Me: Have you called anyone?
Him: No. (while reaching for his phone) I can't believe a wrecked my bike!
We called his work and reported him off. Looked at the scuffs, he was pretty banged up! A nice half dollar size bloody bump above his eyebrow. Road rash on his hands, elbows, left knee and hip. He hadn't had a helmet on, and later I found out that his girlfriend was buying one later that day! He had just purchased the Harley a week ago, and rode it to work that morning due to the nice weather. We picked the bike up after skidding down the left side of the bike for 150 feet, to find the windshield not attached and a chrome piece from the front fender stuck into the passenger's backrest. CRAZY!!!!!!! Still freaking out that he hit a deer, he decides he has to find it. Starts walking down the highway behind my car, and finds the deer scooting his hind legs across the road. I'm afraid the oncoming cars are going to hit the deer again and slam it into us, or better yet try to swerve to miss the deer and hit us! So, I back my car up in the fast lane of a 4 lane highway, with the deer in front of my car still alive and trying to get away from us. Cars are swerving right to miss my car and then back a hard left to miss the wrecked motorcycle. But, NOT ONE person stopped to see if we needed help, to tell me to get the hell out of the road, NOTHING!!!! Finally, two state troopers are on the scene...now the deer has made it across two lanes of highway, a deep ditch and the start of the westbound highway(may have been eastbound, you know me with my directions). One trooper says in the most calmest voice, 'I'm going to have to shoot the deer.' WHAT???!!! My head is spinning...this kinda stuff only happens on COPS not right in front of me! The deer is like 'you can't keep me down' and gets up again, falls and looks right at the trooper. The trooper checks on us(the girlfriend, the biker, and me). He walks back to the deer, and the stubborn thing was still alive...another shot. WHAT???!!! I just witnessed not just one shot but TWO at point blank. Shivers are going down my spine! After the report was made, I had found out that Greg was his name. And he had also said that the deer looked straight into his eyes the second before he hit him. By the way, if you were wondering the deer was an 8 point buck with a nice set of antlers. I should of called Jay to come get it. Despite the hind legs were mangled and a couple gunshot shells the summer sausage would have been great!








No comments:
Post a Comment